Saturday, October 17, 2020

Goodbye Astros!

 Mardi and I visited the greenhouse today.  After enjoying coffee with David and Sue, we headed for the escarpment with Jake.  We're on the driveway to where David and Sue's new house will be, some day.

You mention "walk" to Jake and you're on the hook for a meander!

We headed to the escarpment, passing the fields of Poison Ivy.  All those pinky/red things are nasty!


Acres of them!  It's going to be a struggle to eliminate that pest!

Came back and started to put together our new dump wagon.  The old one has wheels that are finished - loose on the axle , tire separated.  Cheaper to replace the whole thing than to get new wheels!


I'll get you a picture of the wagon in action tomorrow.

---------------------------------------

Spent a bit of time on the Optimist constitution.  A work in progress.

---------------------------------------

Watched the Tampa Bay - Houston ball game, switching back and forth with the CNN special on Joe Biden.

Thankfully, the Rays beat the cheating Astros.  For those who don't follow baseball, the Astros had an elaborate scheme for viewing and telegraphing the opposing catcher's signals to their batters.  They won a World Series by cheating.  The coach lost his job, but the players who were in on the scheme got off scott free.  Glad to see them gone!

The Biden special was a winner too.  Can't wait to celebrate his election victory.  But I hope I'm wrong about Trump's white supremacist followers subsequently starting a civil war.

--------------------------------------

Stay well.


No comments:

Post a Comment