Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Fishing, but not catching

Sorry folks.  The internet, which was tortoise slow, quit entirely last night as I was about to send the blog.  So, I'm home with my sweetheart and have torn myself away from her to complete the fishing story.

--------------------------------------------

First, a recap for Sunday night.  Since we didn't catch any fish we had to be satisfied with a monster steak dinner, baked potato, carrots and beans, mushrooms and onions.  Sad to be us!


 -----------------------------------------

Monday was slightly warmer and sunny, but the breeze was up.

That's David and Sean in the distance.

We do live in a beautiful country!
And, Mother Nature sure knows how to grow things in impossible places.

Ewen caught another small Pike, but the rest of us came up empty-handed.
As did Roger and Gary.

It's at times like this that you have to remind yourself - it's not about the fish, it's about spending quality time with guys you love.  Mission accomplished!
------------------------------------------
We got packed up this morning (Tuesday) just before it started to rain.

On the way out we saw cattle in two fields, lying down.  Folklore has it that when cows lie down, fish don't bite.  Which, I suppose, means that those damn things were lying down for the last three days!  As Ron King would say - Sheeesh!
--------------------------------------------
Speaking of Ron King, I missed his and Al Addis' birthdays on Sunday.  Sorry guys!

Mardi's niece Gabriella celebrated her birthday today.  Congrats!
----------------------------------------------
Stay well.  Stay safe.  Otherwise, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment