Spent some time working on the hilltop gardens today.
The latest "Charlie Brown" candidates are in the garden in the foreground - the two Junipers and a Ninebark bush, all "Wacky Wednesday" bargains.
Beyond them, a Smokebush, a berry bush that didn't have a tag, and finally, my original evergreen that started as a four foot stick with three branches.
Starting at the other (West) end, two Oak trees that were brought across the highway as acorns by squirrels and planted under our evergreens. Then a Chestnut that squirrels planted in our Stoney Creek back yard.
A Flowering Dogwood and two Birch trees that started as pathetic sticks complete the picture.
My goal is to live long enough to see the Oaks and the Chestnut actually produce nuts.
To prove that I am an Optimist, I recently started seven Black Walnuts that I retrieved from MontHill. Will they sprout? And, if so, where will David let me plant them? Can I survive until they produce nuts?
---------------------------------------
I haven't watched a ball game since the Jays were eliminated. But I decided to watch the Tampa Bay - Houston game tonight, hoping that the cheating Astros would be eliminated. Didn't happen, but Tampa Bay only has to win one of the next three games to get rid of them.
========================
Stay well.
No comments:
Post a Comment