Had a medical emergency here this morning. This Wren came headlong into the balcony door.
Looked like it had broken its neck. But, after about a 20 minute rest, it gathered itself and flew away.
--------------------------------------
A.J. and Reggie came for lunch. We had set the table for five, but Michelle was visiting her mother.
Happy Thanksgiving!
These days you have to be thankful for any opportunity to hug loved ones!A welcome, and needed, visit.
-------------------------------------------
Speaking of loved ones..........
Almost seventeen years ago my friend Ed Strecker called to see if I would buy tickets to a dinner/dance that his daughter was running in support of Autism.
I responded that I would love to attend, but I would need a date............Jean and I had separated eight months previously. And if he could find me a date it would be a bonus if she was a golfer too.
A slight pause and he asked "Do you know Mardi Bullivant? She and her boy friend broke up."
I knew Mardi slightly from a meeting that had occurred probably thirty years before. Mardi's husband had been the leader of the Dofasco Male Chorus. The wives of the members joined in for the Christmas shows and my secretary, who was married to a member of the Chorus, was holding a Christmas party for the group. She invited Jean and I.
Mardi was across the room and our eyes met. Thirty years later we each remembered what the other was wearing that night!
So Ed suggested that I give her a call which I did. I introduced myself and asked if she would be able to join me for the dinner/dance. I got an immediate "Yes!". So I said "wow, that was easy". In typical Mardi fashion she responded "well, I can say no if you want". Needless to say, I didn't.
Our first date was Hallowe'en (the story will be continued).
Today I gave an emotional thanks for my good fortune in finding my life partner. No harsh words, just lots of laughs, and we profess our love for each other at least once a day.
I am a lucky man! Love you babe!
-------------------------------------
Stay well. Stay happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment