Saturday, October 10, 2020

Charlie Brown Plants

 Trillium Hill is ready for Hallowe'en.


These two "pumpkins" are now at the end of the driveway - six feet apart of course!

-------------------------------------------

Every year about this time, I tour the garden centre looking for "Charlie Brown" plants that I can use to improve the landscaping.

Cindy, David's garden centre manager, puts some plants on sale for "Wacky Wednesdays".  Today I found a couple of Junipers, originally $46. each,  They had been on sale on Wacky Wednesday for $5. each but didn't move.  I figured, at that price, the boss could afford to let me plant them on the property!

So I spent a few minutes planting them at the top of the hill down front.  A couple of times the plants I have picked were too far gone to survive, but it's amazing how most of them turn out after receiving some TLC.  We'll report further on this effort in the spring.

----------------------------------------

Watched the CNN show First Ladies, tonight featuring Michelle Obama.  Classy lady - classy show.

-----------------------------------------

Tomorrow, Kathryn and Anna are joining us for turkey dinner.

-----------------------------------------

Stay well.


No comments:

Post a Comment