When I walked out the door this morning, the escarpment had disappeared. All that I could see was a grey wall of smoke.
At Trillium Hill we were much closer to the escarpment and it looked like this. Gray, not green.
The mask only lasted about an hour. By then sweat was rolling down my cheeks inside the mask and it was hard to get air. So, off it came.
The smoke is aggravating some braindead Ohio and Michigan Republican senators. They want Canada sanctioned because we can't control our wildfires. Meanwhile, the U.S. has had 39,764 fires that have burned more than 3.87 million acres.
And over the years we have put up with air pollution from Ohio and Michigan industries. And they could have certainly controlled that!
How about they stop their tornados at the Canadian border and we stop our fires at the U.S. border. Fair exchange!
Or simpler still, those senators could stand outside and mouth off facing north. I'm sure that those windbags could easily force that smoke back north of the border.
---------------------------------------
Enough of that. let's get back to reality. I weeded this garden about two weeks ago and look at it now.
Time for chemicals!
I weeded another area today and when I was taking the dirt and weeds back to the compost I saw a deer. And I managed to get my phone out in time. Look at the length of that tail!.
Life is good!
------------------------------------
This afternoon Mardi and I headed to the Lighthouse Theatre in Port Colborne to see "Crees In The Caribbean". Most of the Lighthouse shows are comedies. This one had lots of humour but it was a moving story about love and loss. Bit of a tearjerker.
We can't get the Jays on TV tonight. Some Fridays you have to pay to get it and we won't. Just as well. In the early innings they are down 5 - 0.
Stay well.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment