Sunday, July 12, 2026

Mother Nature Was Busy

 Today was mostly a gardening day.  Cleaned up the Trillium crest garden and planted some annuals around the hydrangea tree.

When I was taking the weeds, etc. to the compost I stopped to admire the Black-Eyed Susans that Mother Nature had planted in the back field.


Very pretty!  And on the way back I stopped to admire a Snapping Turtle that had just vacated David's pond.  Not sure if she's looking for a place to lay her eggs but let's hope so.


Unfortunately, I missed the hatching of the Kildeer chicks.  The basket nest is empty and no sight of the family.  I'll probably see the babies when I'm cutting the lawn - they scurry out of the way and hide in the tall grass.

After I finished for the day I took a few minutes to cut a corner out of this pantry shelf for our new upstairs neighbours (many stairs - they're on the 12th floor).


Their fuse box is in the pantry and the shelf prevented it from opening, thus the surgery.
The board isn't solid wood, it's basically glued sawdust with a veneer so I warned them that the edge would not look the same after the cut, but I was told to go ahead.  Mardi dabbed white shoe polish on the cut to make it look better.

They took the board and we subsequently got this.

Welcome to the Shoreliner!

-------------------------------------

Jays have lost the last two games in the last inning.  Hopefully, the All-Star break will help them to get straightened out.

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment