Some digging and lawn cutting today. And I noticed a change. The baskets of annuals that had been lined up beside the driveway are now mature enough to go on driplines, so they have been moved.
All but one.
I don't know what's taking those Killdeer chicks so long to hatch, but I'll keep watering that basket so that their camouflage doesn't die.
------------------------------------
So, the Blew Jays lost 10 - 1 last night. Quite a showing these last few days (actually for quite a while). So what has happened?
Last year they were arguably the best team in baseball and could/should have won the World Series. After the season ended they made some trades that strengthened the team.
And now this. Sure they have had a string of injuries, but those were mostly to pitchers, and pitching isn't the issue.
There are a couple of changes that I can think of.
First, last year they had the all-time best first baseman, Don Mattingly, as a bench boss. This year Don is interim head coach of the Phillies and they are having a renaissance.
They miss him. Could it be that simple? I wouldn't be surprised.
Or, maybe it's the pitching coach. David Popkins is the current hitting coach for the Toronto Blue Jays, "known for revitalizing the team’s offense with a creative and individualized approach". So what happened to the revitalizing? The only guys who are hitting decently right now are the newbies whom he hasn't had enough time to screw up.
Having wisely figured that out, I stayed up till midnight to watch tonight's game and, lo and behold, they won 9 - 3. Looked like the old team. So I have no idea what's going on.
Stay well.
------------------------------------------
In other sporting news, Donald Trump coerced the FIFA folks to overturn a red card that had been issued to the U.S. star player. So he was cleared to play against Belgium.
But justice prevailed. The Belgians were incensed and managed to use that emotion to defeat the U.S. 4 - 0 and eliminate them from the tournament. YES!!
---------------------------------------
After a couple of very far left candidates won Democratic primaries, the Republicans have begun fearmongering about Communists. I'm surprised that the Democrats haven't returned fire to castigate Fascists! The midterms should be very interesting (and a bit scary).
----------------------------------------


No comments:
Post a Comment