Mardi and I attended a special celebration today, marking 50 years that Rose has put up with Ed.
The theme was Caribbean, so most folks dressed up, as did Maureen and Matt.....
................and Mardi and me.
The three Strecker daughters did a marvelous job of toasting their parents. It was a wonderful day.
Many of you may have heard this story, but I'm repeating it anyway. Ed's daughter Christine used to run dinner/dances in support of Autism and my wife and I usually attended.
One day I took some laundry into Britannia Cleaners and Ed asked me if we would be able to attend the next dance. I told him that I would love to, but Jean and I had separated, so I needed a date.......and if she could golf that would be even better.
He paused for a moment and then asked "Do you know Mardi Bullivant?" I knew who she was but we had never had a conversation. In any event I called Mardi, we golfed and attended the dinner/dance and she hasn't been able to get rid of me since.
Thank you Ed! You and Rose are special friends. Congratulations on your amazing 50 years.
------------------------------------------
Mardi's Drum Major son Greg participated in the Fort Henry Tattoo. Good looking guy!
------------------------------------------
Jays lost.
Stay well.





No comments:
Post a Comment