Mardi's bruises have subsided, so yesterday we headed out to Southern Pines , a weird, short golf course, for my reentry into the golf world. Weird, short also fits my game it appears. Between my unfocussed left eye and Mardi's cataract issues, we were lucky to only lose three of my golf balls. I definitely need a seeing eye person to watch where I hit the ball.
I'm planning to join my golfing buddies on the 23rd at Cambridge. We'll see/see? how that goes.
After recovering from that adventure, we headed to Port Colborne for dinner at the Canalside Restaurant, and then on to the Lighthouse Theatre to see The New Canadian Curling Club. Lots of laughs, but a serious message too. Four new Canadians (Chinese, Indian, Syrian and Gambian) deal with racism as they learn the game.
Today it was back to the greenhouse and my gardening challenges. I should have the gardens down front under control this next week. Just in time to enjoy the blooming of the Prickly Pear Cactus. Lots of florets ready to bloom.
As Monica can attest, you have to pay a price to enjoy this treat. These tiny clusters of brown hairs can reach you through leather gloves!
And they hurt!
------------------------------------------------------------
No theatre tonight, so I had to watch the Tiger-Cats and the Oilers lose.
Stay well.



No comments:
Post a Comment