Today's project was widening the garden around the sign. Tomorrow, I'll move the sod and use it to repair other sites.
The lights for the sign were previously placed in the grass on either side of the sign. When it came time to cut the grass, I either had to move the lights or risk cutting the wires. Both have occurred 😟.
So the plan now is to locate the lights in the garden and eliminate the problem. Should be done within the next few days.
--------------------------------------
On Fridays, David treats the staff.
Today the menu was cheeseburgs, chips and watermelon. While I moved sod, Mardi deadheaded geraniums and Kathryn weeded the gardens, so we got to join the banquet.
Great job on the BBQ Ewen!
Recently, a young university student approached the Optimist Club for information on the grandfather he never knew who had been a club president before his death.
I responded and provided some information and he took that and, with added information from the library and the historical society, put together a nice book for his dad for Father's Day.
Tonight we met and he showed me his achievement. Quite a nice job.
I'm sure that this young man will be a success in life. He won five awards at his high school graduation and is presently enrolled in Space Engineering at Carleton University. A nice young man, and an achiever, and meeting him was a positive experience for Mardi and me.
-----------------------------------------
Blue Jays blew away the Red Sox tonight 9 - 0. Fun to watch.
Stay well.



No comments:
Post a Comment