Brother Roger checked in this morning, expressing some concern that I had not written anything for a few days (I'm guessing that the rest of you were breathing a sigh of relief at the same time).
I explained that when your day is a couple of hours digging in the dirt at the greenhouse, and four sessions of eye drops - 5 different ones at 7 a.m., each five minutes apart; 4 at 3 p.m.; 2 at 7 p.m.; and 4 again at 11 p.m. - there isn't much worth writing about.
The good news is that the eye doc says I'm right on track, and just eliminated two of the eye drops. It will only be a few months more before I have correct vision again - still like looking through grey plastic. Have to "look" on the bright side though. I might have been blind in that eye.
-----------------------------------------------
Today the one eyed carpenter ignored the greenhouse and headed to daughter Kathryn's apartment (no air conditioning) to build a shelf in her closet.
In this picture I'm trying to fit the Robertson screwdriver into the head of a Robertson screw. With just one good eye you have no depth perception. A bit of a challenge and I had to ask for Kathryn's help quite a bit!
She not only helped me with the work, but also provided the cold wet towel that you can see around my neck.
The shelf will be a bit of a birthday present. She celebrates her big day tomorrow.
----------------------------------------------
I guess that we just have to hold our breath now that Trump has thumped Iran's nuclear (nucular, the way that they pronounce it) capacity.
Mardi thinks we should move away from Niagara Falls, a prime target for terrorists. Almost makes Florida a possible alternative 😕.
Let's hope that he can put the genie back in the bottle this time.
---------------------------------------------
Stay well. I'll try to find interesting things to write about in the days ahead.

No comments:
Post a Comment