Monday, April 28, 2025

Update

 An interesting few days! 

After the doctor visit on Friday I spent over 50 hours (less pee breaks) in bed, turning from east to west every hour or two (or three at night).  Unfortunately, the gas bubble in my eye, while interesting to watch, didn't solve the problem.

So this morning we left at 5:30 a.m. for Mississauga (the OCC Eye Clinic opens at 6).  Spent most of the 11 hour day getting eye drops, taking tests, and parking my butt in various locations.  Saw the doctor for a couple of minutes in the morning, and finally, got all dressed up at about 2:30 p.m. for the big event.

I'm smiling, did you notice?  

Probably not the first time I've had a target on my head, but it is the first time that I knew it was for real!

Finally, they did the surgery.  As you can see, they missed the target.  Probably just as well.

So, where do we stand now?  The patch stays on overnight and the doctor will take it off when we visit tomorrow afternoon.  That might tell us how it went, but he says it will be a few months before we know for sure if the problem has been solved.  Also, another visit scheduled for May 6.

In the meantime, no golf or greenhouse work for two or three weeks.  And NO CAFFEINE OR ALCOHOL!  How will I be able to cope when the Blue Jays keep losing?

Thank you all for your good wishes as I try to manage this challenge!

Stay well.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment