I've come to the conclusion that weather forecasts are as accurate as my golf swing! We were expecting to have to wait until Monday to play in the mud again, but Kathryn and I managed to get in an hour yesterday morning after a pretty dry night.
Then I headed home in time to watch the Blue Jays lose to Seattle in 12 innings.
--------------------------------------------
Today it was back to the greenhouse for another stint. We're making good progress.
Then, Mardi and I headed to Hagersville to visit her brother Greg and Diane. Had a nice visit.
We also went to Hagersville Cemetery to visit her parents' graves, and Stoney Creek Cemetery to visit my family's graves (Mom, Dad and Stepdad, and sister Lorraine). An emotional time for both of us.
Fortunately, those activities kept us from seeing the Blue Jays lose 8 - 3. Small mercies.
-------------------------------------------
Tomorrow will be a mixed emotional day. Granddaughter Sarah-Jean and her mom are heading out early as they start their trip to Campbell River, B.C. where Sarah-Jean will begin the next leg of life's journey as a nurse. Exciting for S.J., but the rest of us will certainly miss her😘.
Sarah-Jean R.N. as the sweatshirt says. Campbell River is certainly a lucky place!
My three daughters have nixed Florida for next year and plan to instead spend the winter in a rented house in Campbell River, visiting Sarah-Jean. Poor S.J 😏!
Stay well folks.

No comments:
Post a Comment