Thursday, April 10, 2025

Games We Play

 Expected to have my laser welding process done this morning.  But it was just drops in the eyes and ticking off all the boxes.  Back on the 25th for laser. Nevertheless, since I still can't focus really well, I'm taking the rest of the day off.

So, let's just talk about silly stuff.  Like the games we play to try to keep our brains alive.

I do Wordle every morning.  Used to be in a group, but I realized that the only way that I could win would be to get help from a hint site.  Not going to happen.  So now Mardi and I just compete with each other.

I do Sudoku every day (Pennypress Books) but that's a solitary game.

And I do Freecell on the computer.  I learned early on that I could not match the speed of some players.


So, I simply try to get the answer in the least number of moves.  And occasionally..........


Although "Bestican" did it faster, his eight attempts all took one more move than mine.

And the most challenging brain drain of all is my daily Skip-Bo game against Mardi.   She plays a mean game (including today!).

Who knows if these games help to keep your brain alive?  But it's fun to keep trying.

--------------------------------------------

Later this year I'm going to be asking for your help with our Optimist Turkey Roll, where 100% of the proceeds go back to the community.

Right now we're selling Peach Festival tickets.  While we don't get much revenue for our own cause, we do want to help this community event.  So, if you are interested please let Mardi or me know.


-----------------------------------------
Stay well.



No comments:

Post a Comment