Friday, April 18, 2025

Teamwork

 I spent my usual hour at Trillium Hill again today.


But this time I had some help.  Kathryn is looking for exercise (silly woman) and helped me with some digging.


She dug and filled the wagon, I spread the dirt and levelled.  We made good progress.


And we met a new friend.  The Killdeer are back and on the nest already.  This is the prospective dad trying to lure us away.  


They lay their eggs on gravel where they blend in - we saw the mom in the Mum field (mom-Mum, how appropriate).  

Based on the weather forecast, it will likely be Monday before we get back to work.   No panic - I just want to finish moving the earth before the lawn cutting season begins.

--------------------------------------------

After leaving the greenhouse (with six free Lilies) I headed to the advance polling booth and cast my ballot.  Took about twenty minutes, a small sacrifice for democracy.

--------------------------------------------

Didn't watch the Blue Jays game tonight - it was on Apple TV.  But I got live updates on my computer via their website.  They beat Seattle 3 - 1.

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment