Last night, Mardi and I attended our Optimist Club's Chili Cookoff. There were 16 different chili chefs vying for the Silver Ladle.
Members tried samples of each and then deposited tickets in the cups beside the ones they judged best. The one that Mardi and I picked tied for second.
This young guy made sure nobody cheated.
And the winner............
The Silver Ladle, $20, and a bag of leftover buns! When asked for his secret, the winner said "I just googled Best Chili Recipes".
A tasty fun night! Those of us who didn't prepare a chili were charged $10 for "dinner" which goes into the club's coffers for future needs. A way of having a good time and helping others at the same time.
-------------------------------------------------
Corrections: 1) Lilies are packed 8 to a box, not 6 as reported yesterday. 2) The Christmas Cactus didn't totally bloom twice. One side of the plant (it's just one plant) bloomed at Hallowe'en and the other side is blooming at Easter. Split personality?
-------------------------------------------------
Blue Jays rained out.
Stay well.



No comments:
Post a Comment