Our first item of note is that today is Steve Lougheed's birthday. In his honour I'm publishing a couple of terrific cartoons that he sent me.
I really like the following one.
----------------------------------------------
So, you've heard about Trudeaus surfing trip to Tofino on the day he should have been attending a Truth and Reconciliation Event (an invitation that he didn't even bother responding to until the shit hit the fan).
But have you heard that just six days after his cabinet was sworn in on November 4, 2015 - the cabinet that included Jody Wilson-Raybould as Justice Minister and Attorney General - that her office, without her knowledge, was told to abandon an appeal to get the Catholic Church to meet at least some of its financial obligation to First Nations people?
I wonder who made that decision? Slimeball! (Someday I'll tell you what I really think.)
-------------------------------------------------------
We had a great day today, starting with a round of golf at Thundering Waters. Mardi and I were joined by David and Matt. It's a difficult golf course, yet I like it and usually score fairly well there.
David found the flaw in his swing and had a good score as well. But at one point, when he offered to retrieve a ball from the water, he stepped in a spot that wasn't as firm as it looked.
A highlight was the fact that two of us (who shall be unnamed, but it was not Matt or Mardi) got birdies and celebrated with birdie juice.
After golf, Matt left for a dinner engagement with Maureen, Jim and Monica. The other three of us used the vouchers for a free beer tasting at Blackburn Brewery, and free wings at Hooter's, that were included in the golf package. A fine outing. Great day!
--------------------------------------------------
Stay well.
No comments:
Post a Comment