Yesterday, we played the 18 hole course again. Ron King will appreciate that for the first three holes I had one putt pars. Unfortunately, it was back to normal after that.
On the island hole that I had navigated so well yesterday, my long drive today put me in a position where a shot to the green was blocked.
If I tried to go under the tree and hit the green I would end up either in the water or rolling through the green into water on the other side. So, I wisely punched the ball a few feet to the right to give me a clear path to the green..............and then I put it in the water anyway.
We finished the round (I took Mardi's pretend money) and loaded the clubs in the car.
We didn't play the nine hole course, but it looked to be in the same good condition as the eighteen. As I recall, it is similar to the bigger course, has two holes where you have to cross the creek, but is only 1,886 yards and would take about an hour and a half. Next time.
For the folks who used to golf in Forest, you'll be glad to know that Andrew, the former pro, is back . He left when the course changed ownership and the new owners, who were hotel people and didn't care about the course, let the course and the dining room deteriorate. Now, he's General Manager of Forest and its sister course in Grand Bend and things are back to near normal.
We'll definitely be returning.
------------------------------------------------------
After packing the clubs in the car we headed south to Wallaceburg to see our friends Eric and Jon. They moved from Vancouver and bought this house just before the pandemic and Eric has renovated most of the interior. They've also had the back yard transformed from a wasteland to this.
Inside and out, the work is HGTV quality.
After enjoying a wonderful strip loin barbeque we said our goodbyes and started the two and half hour drive home. Arrived in our parking lot at 9:46 and I was in bed before 10. Thus no blog last night.
-------------------------------------------------
Missed the Blue Jays game that they won handily. We have our fingers crossed for today's last game of the season. They have to win, and at least one other team has to lose, for them to get into a playoff.
-------------------------------------------------
Stay well.
No comments:
Post a Comment