Saturday, December 12, 2020

Unsettled

 Is anyone else having difficulty getting excited about Christmas?  

We've got our little tree up and decorated.  With the other seasonal items up and a decoration on the door - with lights even - we're ready for Christmas.


But something doesn't feel quite right.  

In the current environment I don't feel like shopping and, by the time I do, the stores could very well be under lockdown restrictions.  As it is, you feel a bit like a criminal when you enter, are asked covid questions, must sanitize your hands, follow the arrows, and make sure you're standing on the six feet apart circles while you wait in line.

Won't see my Ottawa girls.  Can't hug my kids or grandkids.  Shit!

Watched some romantic Hallmark Christmas movies with my gal, but I haven't been able to get myself into the holiday mood so far.   

I still have a positive attitude, and a woman who shares my love, but something doesn't feel right.  How are you folks handling the "season"?

--------------------------------------------------

Stay well.  Stay safe.  


No comments:

Post a Comment