A few of you are on a separate thread from Sven and have seen this, but I wanted to pay tribute to our "Doc" Jewett, who has become a "granddoc", with his new grandson Auston.
My bet? As soon as the lockdown ends, Doc will be shopping for an appropriate sized trumpet so that Auston can join the band. That young man is going to be super spoiled! Congrats Doc.
-----------------------------------------------
Yesterday, Mardi and I ventured out to Fortino's for our first shopping trip since the lockdown. They had all the bases covered.
A new covered walkway to protect you while you line up outside, a young man asking the covid questions and directing you to the hand sanitizer, arrows and signs everywhere. Most people were being respectful of face covering and distancing, but we did see a guy with his nose uncovered and a couple of oblivious young girls who couldn't measure six feet.
We got our short list looked after quickly and lined up to check out.
Shortly after this picture was taken we were able to jump the line - the self checkout area had an opening. Not a bad experience overall.
----------------------------------------------------
Today I start painting doors, while Mardi bakes a batch of ginger cookies - a reward waiting for me if I do a good job.
----------------------------------------------------
Stay well.


No comments:
Post a Comment