First, a couple of housekeeping items:
1 - I will not be paying Dr. Sven's bill, due to misdiagnosis. My problem is not Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. The nerve that is causing the problem is in my shoulder. Too much lifting of Lily boxes on Monday. Two shots of Rye and six hours of heating pad on the shoulder seems to have resolved the issue.
I put tags in pots all day today and had no problems.
Nevertheless, I would like to thank my friends for all of their medical advice (but they won't get paid either).
2 - Let me explain the "dirt machine". It is comprised of a Bouldin & Lawson Inc. Heavy Duty Maxi Filler (a.k.a. flat filler), and a Logitec Big Bale Dosage Unit (a.k.a. bale breaker). Seems easier to me if the combination is referred to as a "dirt machine".
The bale breaker is loaded with a "big bale" of peat moss.
The plastic is stripped off, the machine is tilted vertically and the skid is placed inside.
The bale breaker then scrapes along the side of the bale and moves the peat moss up and into the flat filler.
The flat filler then "dispenses" the peat moss onto the pots as they move through the line.
Mardi and I spent most of the day inserting tags in the filled pots. Roughly 14,000 in total.
Tomorrow should complete the planting.
------------------------------------------------------
While she was inserting tags, Mardi was able to enjoy this view. Nice.
I got to enjoy looking at Mardi. I win!
---------------------------------------------------
Stay well.

No comments:
Post a Comment