A recent poll found that the majority of people, especially those of us at an advanced age, are feeling grateful for what we have.
We have been feeling that way for sure, but today even more so. The water in our building has been shut off since 8 a.m.
We were given advance notice so we could fill up the coffee machine and a couple of buckets to tide us over. But it's still a pain. You don't appreciate what you've got until you lose it.
Think of our northern native tribes, who live with this situation on a continual basis. We certainly have nothing to complain about!
Speaking of complaining, there are some who resent the fact that the Moderna vaccine is heading to northern indigenous communities first. Maybe they would be willing to trade places with those folks!
-----------------------------------------------
Visited Sam, my favourite pharmacist, at KingMount Pharmacy today. I only show up once every three months but, even with a mask on, Sam recognizes me. Filled my prescription, gave me a discount for the over-the-counter drugs that I bought and, as I was leaving said "Happy New Year Mr. Craig. Say hi to Mardi." What a guy!
------------------------------------------------
I also painted the bathroom door today but it's getting kind of weird with not much to do. So much so that I dusted off the old accordion (it's 76 years old) for the first time in over a year.
Playing along to the Easy Listening songs. OK, I'm desperate!
------------------------------------------
Hang in there. Stay well.

No comments:
Post a Comment