Monday, February 17, 2020

Sanctuary Ridge reprise

Had a 10:06 tee time and got off with no problem (we've been delayed most times we play here).  We were matched up with a nice couple from Wisconsin.

The greens seem to be getting worse each time we play this course.

You may remember #10 from my previous posts.  The green is past the big tree in the middle and down to the right.  It's 245 yards from Mardi's tee.

And this is where her second shot ended up - just inches to the right of the pin.

I had my best drive of 2020 and ended up about 20 feet short of the green from a tee that was 300 yards away!  (The downhill helped -that's not my ball in the foreground, I'm on the lower level just to the right of the picture.)  Nevertheless, my friends will not be surprised when I tell them that Mardi had a birdie 3 and I had a bogie 5.  There's something about this game!

Oh, and by the way, she crushed me on both score and holes.  So my Valentine card didn't have a lasting effect!

It was very hot and humid today.  Even Elsie needed to cool off.

Here's another example of the condition of the greens.
We'll give this course a pass for a while to see if it improves.

Tomorrow we're going to an afternoon showing of A Beautiful Day In The Neighbourhood.  Probably won't have many pictures for the blog, but Jim Maguire has sent me a selection of his shots at the Circle B Bar Reserve so I'll post them with comparison shots of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment