It very quickly became obvious that, either the Association of Water Skiers were ignoring Sven's warnings, or they felt that Matt and I posed little risk of actually hitting them.
Matt cleared the water but didn't hit the green.
Bud cleared the water, but didn't hit the green either (actually he hit a tree on the hill behind...just a little aggressive).
We both missed the lady on the slalom ski.
Did I mention how unfair this game is? This is the ladies' tee on #2. Just 80 yards and no water in the way.
Same story on #8. A much easier shot from the ladies' tee than from where I am standing on the men's.
Nevertheless, my par beat her bogie.
Too bad I couldn't keep up the tempo. Was two holes ahead at that point.....ended up losing by three holes.
Tonight it is Matt's turn to cook. Spaghetti and meat balls.
Tomorrow it's my turn. Baby back ribs..............at Miller's Ale House.
While the outcome at SF #2 was anticlimactic we found the overall story of your activities and dining experiences to be very entertaining. I do find it surprising that Bud gets a free pass on cooking for the group but when I think about it, that’s likely a good idea. In our 36 years of tromping he’s never been seen at the business end of a skillet. Good man on KP duty though and that’s likely where he belongs.
ReplyDeleteBud... It's the "forward tees", the "Forward Tees" and I believe you also have the option to use them. I'm also going defend your kitchen prowess, because I've actually seen you prepare food on some of our fishing trips. A slice of ham between two slices of rye bread is food, isn't. I think you should volunteer that meal one night for dinner.
ReplyDeleteGuys I just have to say I have never had a bad meal on the days Bud was in charge of the kitchen. Now tee shots on that day, were another story.
ReplyDelete