We did the hour plus drive to Lake Wales for golf today. The course is a classic traditional tree-lined track.
It's in good shape, and the gardens are attractive as well.
We'll be back later in the week.
I'm not going to brag about my score, but let it be said that I crushed the Queen Bee on both score and holes. Bob is still in a rut...just 85 today.
After golf we drove around the corner to Oakwood Golf Course. They say their greens are not great, and they haven't started the golf/dinner specials yet, but they do have Taco Tuesdays, so we'll be trying that out soon.
Then it was on to the Lake Wales Flea Market. I bought a dozen used Pro V1's for $5.00. We'll see how that turns out.
After dinner, Mardi and I headed over to Bahama Breezes to enjoy the entertainment.
Some other folks were introduced as coming from Ontario, so Mardi went over to see where in Ontario. Turns out that the lady knows Mardi's cousin Jill from Churchill...they golf together. This is the second year we have met people who have golfed with Jill!
Tomorrow is a down day. We'll see what transpires.




No comments:
Post a Comment