Sunday, January 12, 2020

Big Dummy

There are no pictures today - I stupidly left the camera in the car 😪😬.

We played Kings Ridge today.   Temperature about 30C, very humid, very little breeze, old tired bodies.

The course was in good shape, but the greens were very slow.
My body quit half way around, but the Queen Bee kept on truckin'.  Beat me by 11 strokes, with a 99.   So, what was my score?  Correct guesses will get a free drink, tomorrow at noon, here.

My fall back position is that I played from tees that were 1,326 yards farther back....so, I played that many yards in just 11 strokes.  Sound good?

Bob had an 87 - but who cares?  Boring!

After leaving Kings Ridge we travelled to Swiss Fairways to see if, and when, they were planning to have BBQ steaks available.

John, the manager wouldn't commit at first, but was so proud of the condition of the course that he gave us keys to two carts so we could check things out.  He's right.  Since he took over two years ago the course has been transformed.  Grass is great, greens are fast (per John) and sand traps are refreshed.

By the time we returned from our tour he had softened and agreed to have steaks on the BBQ on Tuesday when we return.  The fact that I told him we would be here until the end of March perhaps had some influence.

The only picture I regret not being able to take today was when we were touring and caught up to a dad and his two boys, age 8 and 6.  They were running up the course, hitting some decent shots while he rode behind.  What a nice scene!

Currently we have opened the bar.  So that's probably it for today.
Tomorrow we have a down day - maybe a flea market, who knows?


1 comment:

  1. What you need partner is someone you can really beat up on - I look forward to being that guy!

    Winter hasn’t treated us too badly so far but it was right at this time when all hell broke out last year - we ain’t counting our chickens yet.

    Sven

    ReplyDelete