Watered the new plantings this morning and then cut the grass. I think that if it's all pieced together, it adds up to about five acres and over two hours of work.
Some of the accent pieces are starting to bloom. The Flowering Dogwood is looking nice (ignore the weeds - their turn is next week).........
...........and the Peonies (and can't remember the name of the white flowering shrub behind it) too.
Even the wild areas are looking good.--------------------------------------------
I attended a Celebration of Life for my friend Doug Green this afternoon. It was held on what would have been the 61st anniversary
of his marriage to Judy.
Doug was also a Past President of the Optimist Club, but my main connection to him was through golf. They even had a picture of us on display.
That's Lyle Tweedle on the right, Doug next to him. Don't remember the next guy - he must have been a fill-in that day. Normally Jim Barlow would have been our fourth. We played together at Glendale all the time. Of course, I'm the guy in the orange pants 😕.
And I'm the only one of that foursome still standing. Makes a guy think!
--------------------------------------
Tonight Mardi and I joined Liz and Al at Teddy's for wings (except Al went off script and ordered fish and chips) and beer.
Enjoy life and stay well.





No comments:
Post a Comment