We had a great weekend. Yesterday morning we headed to Forest (near Sarnia) to help Sandy celebrate her 80th birthday.
Mardi and Sandy have been good friends for the majority of their lives.
Her family did a fantastic job of honouring the matriarch of the family. Started with lunch and continued through dinner (we missed that part) and finished with breakfast this morning.
Mardi and I stayed overnight at the Forest Golf Hotel (no golf) and rejoined the group for breakfast.
Then we made a two hour drive to Kincardine and had lunch at the Erie Belle Restaurant. Their cod fish and chips were excellent - reminded us of our trip to Newfoundland!
Then it was down the street to the Kincardine Legion, where our buddy Doc and the Lighthouse Swing Band were playing from 2 to 5.That's Doc on the left.
Lots of dancing. Seems like I have less problems staying upright when I dance better than I walk (fell flat out on Friday at the greenhouse).
We'll be back Doc, hopefully with other dancers. The schedule folks, is shown below.
Stay well folks.





No comments:
Post a Comment