Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Friends and Turtles

 Ten years ago today, Doc Jewett asked three Dofasco guys to accompany him to the Burlington Performing Arts Centre for a show that Doc wanted to see.  We were held up in the lobby for a bit as Doc chatted with a lady, and we all wondered where that would lead.  Fast forward to today and Doc and Nadine are celebrating the anniversary of that event.  Congratulations my friends!

Fate does some interesting things to relationships as Mardi and I can attest.  

------------------------------------

I displayed all of my talents today at Trillium Hill.  Landscape architect, lawn maintenance, parking attendant, fork lift operator, farm labour.  But, probably most important, conservation officer.

I came across Toby Turtle while cutting the grass.  He had been crossing from the neighbour's pond to David's pond.  Stopped and squatted when I approached on the mower.


He measured over two feet long from his snout to the tip of his tail.

I backed the mower off and he resumed his journey.


But, don't tell Sarah-Jean or she won't want to swim in the pond!

--------------------------------------------

Stay well folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment