Friday, October 13, 2023

Looking Up

 Happy birthday to Pat - yesterday.  Best wishes!

----------------------------------------------

Jim has pointed out that the Orwell quote in my last posting is a bit misleading.  That quote did not appear in his book, but in a 2014 theatre adaptation.  Nonetheless, we are agreed that the screen does encourage the mindless masses to swallow and spread drivel.

To prove the point though, I was guilty of "not looking up" when I accepted the attribution of the quote to Orwell's book.  That's how Trump gets his followers too - the masses don't look up.

----------------------------------------------

I try not to get into religious discussions, but the events in the Middle East have caused me to "look up from my screen" and offer my thoughts.

Religions have a good side and an evil side.  And the evil sides are winning right now.  Any Muslim who believes that their God, Mohammad, is cheering them on as they celebrate the rapes, killings (including beheadings) and hostage taking of Jews is evil incarnate!

And I know that the Jews need to defend themselves, but they appear just as heartless with their response.

I don't know what the Jews did to bring on almost universal hatred from other religions (other than being a different religion), but surely it shouldn't lead to this.  They have been vilified ever since the Christians created their religion, and the Muslims joined in when they created theirs.

They're not alone.  Sikhs versus Hindus.  Buddists versus Rohingya.  Catholics versus Protestants. And, on and on.  What the Hell?

Makes me wonder.  If we didn't have religions, would we still have wars?  I suppose so - mankind can be pretty brutal and would, no doubt, come up with other reasons to kill.  Just ask Putin.

------------------------------------------

On a happier note.  One of David's neighbour's properties is full of sunflowers.


They do brighten up your day!

Stay well.


No comments:

Post a Comment