Fishguts member Barry recounted the joy of our visits to the French River - great hosts, good friends, and an occasional fish. Special times!
Mardi's dad loved the French as well, and probably for the same reasons, although he likely caught more fish than we did.
Barry also wrote that he was flummoxed by the attitude of people as it relates to Truth and Reconciliation. Well, here's another one for you.
Stupid witch Marjorie Taylor Greene and her other MAGA idiots have just forced the (gutless) Republicans to pass a money bill that ends all U.S. government financial support to the Ukrainians. Obviously these idiots weren't born in the 1940's or 1950's! They should have met Hitler and Khrushchev (well, maybe they would have ended up being good friends to those jackass killers!).
--------------------------------------------
On to better things. My cataract sabbatical is over and I'm cutting grass again.
Today, I cut the grass at 18 Hunter Road.
I'm including these pictures for the benefit of Sue and David so that they can relax and continue to enjoy their European sojourn. Next time I'll bring along some clippers and trim back the Yew in the front of the house.
Then I headed to the greenhouse and, among other things, cut a dog walker path around the perimeter of the back field (the six foot wide path along the edge - the brown part is dead grass) for Charlie and his helper (mostly Sean, I'm the backup). It helps to minimize the tick risk.
While there I found this newly dug muskrat hole in the septic bed area that I cut.
It's about 8 inches across, and 15 feet from the drainage ditch and about 30 feet from the pond. Pretty impressive digging for a small rodent. And, where are the coyotes and the hawks when you need them?
---------------------------------------------------
The Blue Jays start the post season on Tuesday against the Minnesota Twins. It's been pretty scary watching them get to this point but, hopefully, we'll be cheering on a World Series winner. Hold your breath.
But stay well.




No comments:
Post a Comment