Thursday, October 5, 2023

A Two Sport Athlete

Didn't publish yesterday, so I missed the birthdays of Ron King and Al Addis.  All the belated best guys!

--------------------------------------- 

Last evening the Garden Club gathered to do a bit of transplanting and to remove a bunch of unsightly grass that was choking out some day lilies.


So, I woke up this morning with a sore back.  That's OK, it gave me another excuse, on top of my six week layoff, for my golf score.

Managed a 102 today - thanks to a few good shots - it felt like a worse round for sure.

However, others did better, including Matt's birdie which we are celebrating in this picture.....


......and Calvin's eagle, which he and Sandro are celebrating as well.


Last time I saw an eagle it was at a zoo 😉.
--------------------------------------
After Mardi returned from choir practice tonight we played Skip-Bo again.  Not a good experience!  After being in the lead for 8 months of the year, I've lost the last 6 games and I'm behind in the current one.
I complained a bit and my love tried to give me an excuse - after all I was worn out from playing two sports today, golf and cards, and I did some watering at the greenhouse.  
I had to sadly point out that I wasn't any good at either "sport" right now.
---------------------------------------
Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment