First, a follow-up on the watch issue.
The watch is a 42 year old Seiko Quartz, battery operated, that tells the time, day and date. It honoured the first 25 of my 37 years at Dofasco.
Until we arrived in Florida it was operating perfectly.But a few days in, the piece that marks 12 o'clock came loose and jammed under the hour hand. So, I took it to a jewelers and they put the piece back in place.But, when I got it back, the hour and minute hands were not coordinated. They were about 10 minutes out of sync. So, I took it back again.
They synced the hands and I brought it home. But, the next morning, the day wheel was jammed (as you can see in the above picture). I dealt with it for about four days, winding the day into position each time. Then I took it back (on February 11).
They gave me various stories about when it would be ready, but the final word is that Seiko no longer support that watch. The part needed could not be found.
So, I went back today and, although they had promised, the watch was not there. A two hour wait (I went shopping) and I finally got my watch back.
Now I just have to hope that a Hamilton location will be able to find the part I need. I'm not sure now which watchmaker is currently supporting Dofasco watches.
The saga will continue.
---------------------------------------------
We headed to Disney Springs for one last time, to see Jeff Howell. Wasted trip! He wasn't there. So the four of us headed back to the ranch and played cards.
We're mostly packed for the trip home. We're planning a more leisurely three day run this time.
Stay well.
No comments:
Post a Comment