We made a good decision - to take three days to head home. Took all the time pressure off and, leaving on a Friday, we avoided the heaviest traffic from Snowbirds migrating north.
Note for Matt: Maitland Road veers off from 429 near Mount Dora. It takes you to I-4 between Orlando and Sanford and avoids most of the I-4 parking lot, except for the short stint from 27 to 429.
Traffic was heavy on I-4 but, in usual Florida fashion, it was moving at 10 mph over the limit. We arrived at I-95 in an hour and a half.
And, now we're in Blythewood, South Carolina, arriving about 6 p.m.
For dinner we headed to the Doko Station Pub and Eatery, which used to be the Doko train station.
Doko was a small village that was absorbed by Blythewood.
We had a delightful waitress, Emilie.
She's in second year Pre-Med, hoping to work in plastic surgery and nerve repair, inspired by her dad who needed such repair after serving in the military. She'll do well!
----------------------------------------
Stay well.


No comments:
Post a Comment