We headed to Dunedin today to take in a Blue Jays game. But first, a stop at the Farmer's Market.
I'm carrying a Cantaloupe and a Cucumber. Matt bought some caramel corn which I am in the process of eating while I compose this epic.Saw this beauty while we were there.
From there we headed to the ballpark and parked just across the street at the American Legion. Parking was $20, but a hot dog, fries and a beer were just $8 (which was the cost of a lemonade at the ball park).
So, across the street we went.
During the game, George Springer hit a home run (as did newbie Orelvis Martinez). A good sign for the season.
Our Jays beat the Orioles 8 - 6.
During the early innings, a foul ball came over our heads, bounced off several hands and ended up in the lap of this young lady behind us.
Later in the game, another foul ball hit Mardi in the knee (it ended up five rows ahead of us - the ball, not the knee Al) and she needed EMS help.
But she appears to be OK tonight. We'll know better in the morning.
Blue Jays won the game 8-6.
Terrible traffic on the way home, but it was worth it.
Matt and I then proceeded to beat the ladies tonight at Skip-Bo. The perfect ending (well, the warm apple pie and ice cream dessert helped) to a great day.
Stay well.



No comments:
Post a Comment