Friday, September 9, 2022

Trompers and Troubadours

 Doc Jewett shared some photos of a Tromp we were making 16 years ago today on the Bruce Trail.

I

I have to thank Doc for including me in the group that became The Trompers, and began way back in 1984.  Over the years some of the guys have completed the Bruce Trail (I'm at about 96%, having missed a couple of outings), and we've also biked, canoed, and kayaked together.

Haven't had an outing for a while - Covid and advancing age have conspired to cause a pause.  But hiking with The Trompers gave me the courage to do the 70 mile hike through the high Andes with Sean to Machu Picchu, the exploration of the North Rim of the Grand Canyon with Malcolm, and the 28 mile crossing of the Grand Canyon with Ewen.  Thanks again Doc!

---------------------------------------------------

Finished the earth moving back by the septic beds, did some watering, and replenished three skids of soil along the driveway.  

---------------------------------------------------

This afternoon, Mardi and I headed for Port Dover to join Bonnie and Steve for dinner at 211 Main, followed by the theatre.  The show was outstanding!  "Glory Days" was a musical tribute to the legendary artists who got their start at California's Troubadour Club - Bruce Springsteen,  The Eagles, Elton John, Neil Diamond, Linda Ronstadt - the list goes on and on.

The three feature singers, backed up by five musicians, were awesome and we would recommend the show to anyone who enjoys music from the 70's.  It will be playing in Port Colborne Sept. 21 - 25.

For the Dofasco folks, Dave Quinton stopped by as we were leaving the theatre to say hello.  I think that's the first time that I've seen Dave in almost 30 years.

-----------------------------------------------

While we were out, the Blue Jays hung on to win 4 - 3 over the Texas Rangers.

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment