Helped Kathryn get the last couple of things out of her apartment this morning. Despite the fact that she is paid up until the end of the month, the superintendent has been pressuring her for the keys, so I asked Kathryn to give them to me and I will hand them in on the 30th. If she really needs the keys before that, perhaps we can talk about a rent refund.
She has been given my phone number - if she calls and whines I'll suggest that I'm thinking about having a few loud, obnoxious parties before the lease is up.
At my age you have to take your fun where you find it.
---------------------------------------------------
Daughter Jo-Ann is in town to help her mother while Mike is recuperating in hospital. That has taken some pressure off Kathryn and at lunch time, while Jean was visiting at the hospital, both Jo-Ann and Kathryn were able to join me for lunch.
Nice to see Jo-Ann again. It's been several months since my last visit to Ottawa.
My fortune cookie had two messages inside. The first one said "You are both sociable and charming." The second one "Improve yourself. Practice makes perfect." How can you improve on 'sociable and charming'? I have a feeling I'm going to regret asking that question.
--------------------------------------------
Did a quick repair on the "Wacky Wednesday" sign at the greenhouse, watered the baskets down front and cut the grass. Ideal temperature for working today.
--------------------------------------------
Blue Jays beat the Orioles 4 - 1 to win 3 of the 4 games against Baltimore. Looking good!
Tomorrow, Mardi and I are playing Willow Valley with Maureen and Matt. Big pressure!
Stay well.

No comments:
Post a Comment