Spent a few hours helping Kathryn with her move. Was able to observe one of her complaints about the old apartment. The recycle bins are stored below her apartment and the truck came while we were there. When a bin had been picked up and dumped into the truck and was being put back down, the lid of one of the bins banged on her balcony (while I was standing on the balcony). Apparently a regular occurrence (the banging Al - not me standing there).
The new place is much better and I'm sure she'll be happier there, although there was one encounter that could have gone either way. She met a resident in the hall. A dog was barking in a nearby unit and when the "lady" found out that Kathryn had a dog too she got a bit snarky. Kathryn's response? She politely said "I'm happy to meet you too." Gave me a chuckle and pride in how she handled the situation. Positivity, even somewhat sarcastic positivity, does work better than a nasty verbal duel that would consume too much energy!
After the move was complete Mardi and I had a late lunch with Kathryn and Anna. A nice way to end our "visit".
----------------------------------------------

No comments:
Post a Comment