Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Niagara Bound

 Dropped in to the greenhouse intending to do some watering and weeding, but ended up just saying hi to Sean.  By the time that I got there it was raining pretty steady so after a short chat I turned around and headed home.

Then, it was time to head to Niagara Falls for our Travelzoo booking at the Falls Hotel and Inn.

Did a walk to the bottom of Clifton Hill.

And then to the Niagara Distillery to enjoy our free Moonshine tasting, with corn bread - which tasted better than the Moonshine.

Next up was Casino Niagara.  I came away with a couple of dollars more than when I started, but Mardi had no luck at all.

Dinner at Remingtons, next to the hotel, was expensive but well worth it.  Excellent food and the waitress sang while we were there.

And then we headed down the street to Yank's Bar and Grill.  A family run, service oriented sports pub.  Turned the sound up for us for the Blue Jays game, the second game of a double header day.

They lost the first game 2 - 4 while we were on the road, but won the nightcap 7 - 2.

An expensive day, but a nice break in the routine.

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment