Wednesday, April 27, 2022

The Rural Philosopher

 Happy birthday to Mardi's neice Dorothy who turned 9 today.  Best wishes.

-------------------------------------------------------

With my leg acting up I've spent more time doing easier things, one of which is reading a book that Joyce passed along, titled "Don Harron - A Parent Contradiction".

It was written by his daughter Martha, and based on the details I assume it was with his help, back in 1988.  Those who remember Charlie Farquharson, the rural philosopher, will enjoy this book.  About every second page I break out in laughter.  His daughter is every bit as funny as he was.  But there are some rough moments too.

-------------------------------------------------------

Optimist meeting tonight and after our election of officers we played progressive euchre.


Unfortunately, Mardi and I were not too progressive.  But it was a fun night.

---------------------------------------------

Red Sox 7 - Blue Jays 1.  'nuff said.

Keep breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment