Friday, April 8, 2022

Sausage in the First

 Happy birthday to A.J. today.  Birthdays are coming fast and furious in April.

Got a Jacquie Lawson card today that I think was sent by Ed and Rose to David and then made its way to me.  I laughed all the way through!  It shows Lilys growing and ends with the line "Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise."   True words in the Lily drama.  

Well, part of the darkness is gone - David has dumped the temporary crew.  Hard to believe that people could be that useless!

Mardi and I did another two hours today before our bodies said "enough".  I'll be back at the greenhouse tomorrow though.

------------------------------------------------

Monica, if your cactus looks like this it should be OK.  


At this time of year it looks sad, but in a couple of months beautiful flowers will appear and the plant will grow new segments.

Two years ago I took spent florets off the cactus and stuck them in pots.  After they start to sprout new growth this spring some of them will be ready for sale.


Nature's bounty!

------------------------------------------

Tiger Woods made the cut at the Masters.  What a display of skill, determination and pain control.  Will be interesting to see if he can still play on that leg tomorrow.

And, after being down 7-0, the Blue Jays won the opening game of the season 10-8 over the Texas Rangers.  Just 161 games to go!

-------------------------------------------

Tonight was the Optimist Club's Ham Roll.  Our group took home 12 hams!  Winners will be notified.

Mardi and I were joined by Monica and Jim.




The best part of the evening was the Pig Races.


And Mardi was a big winner.


It was nice to be able to get people out to support our projects once again.

--------------------------------------------

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment