Sunday, April 17, 2022

Easter Sunday

Matt celebrated a birthday today.  A happy birthday shoutout to our good friend!

---------------------------------- 

As advertised, we headed to Diane and Greg's, to be joined by Rhiannon, Bonnie, Steve, A.J., Michelle and Reggie, for Easter dinner.  A lovely afternoon of conversation, food and drink!  Lots to eat and drink, including Mardi's marvelous cake.

Hey Al, I've got good news and bad news.  The good news?  There was left over cake.  The bad news?  Mardi has plans for it and they don't include you or me.  Sorry pal!

-----------------------------------

I didn't take any pictures today, but one of the conversations was about visits to Newfoundland.  And I promised Steve that I would send some pictures from our whale watching expedition.  So, rather than work on two emails I have decided to inflict those pics on all of you.

We went out of Bay Bulls (south of St. John's) on Gatherall's boat.


And found some whales that wanted to entertain us.



They circled the boat, doing tail slaps, dives, and snorkeling for over half an hour.



A special show and a unique life experience!

While we were on the island we visited L'Anse Aux Meadows and met one of Sven's countrymen.


Saw an iceberg.


And ate a Capelin.


Matt and Maureen have a trip to Newfoundland planned for this summer.  Someday, hopefully, Mardi and I will be able to return to our favourite province.

-------------------------------------------------

Blue Jays 4 - Athletics 3.  Missed seeing the game due to the festivities.  Watched the highlights on "Blue Jays in 30" and saw Alex Manoah win his second start, and Jordan Romano extend his save streak.

-------------------------------------------------

Stay well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment