Thursday, April 7, 2022

Cake Day

 First, an update from yesterday.  When I got home from the greenhouse they were working on the balcony above, cutting out the base plates from the railings that had been removed.  That balcony floor is our ceiling.  The noise was incredible!


But we were prepared.


Got a smile from the two guys who were doing the work as we toasted them with our drinks.

So, this is how our balcony looks now, with the rubble from the one above.


The rebar is still there, so they will just patch around it.
---------------------------------------------
Yesterday, Malcolm suggested that I should honour Tartan Day, but I held off until today for a reason.  Today, Sean is 28, and here's the reason that I held off.

I gave Sean my Craig Clan tartan tuxedo a couple of years ago.  I didn't see many opportunities to wear it again, and he was the only grandson that it would fit.  Looks good Sean!  Happy 28th birthday!
(No, he didn't wear it to work today - this pic was in the archives.)

Sue provided the birthday cake/cupcakes to celebrate.
----------------------------------

Mardi and I put in four hours at the greenhouse today.  Putting stickers on pot covers for Lilies and then stickers on Boston Fern baskets.  In the midst of the Lily chaos, some idiot ordered 450 Ferns! (Relax Monica, yours are still OK.) 
----------------------------------
Judy's cataract surgery was a great success.  Well done.

Tiger looked pretty good today.  Not likely to win, and may not be physically up to four days of walking the hilly Augusta course, but it's good to see him playing again.

Stay well.  Keep breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment