Friday, April 29, 2022

Red Dress Day - May 5

 It's getting to be that time of year again, and a Charlie Brown cartoon explains it eloquently.

Snoopy: Do all fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time?"

Charlie: No, many of them begin "If I am elected, I promise".

--------------------------------------------

They're grinding the new cement smooth on the balconies.  Lots of noise once again, but it's progress.


------------------------------------------

Mardi and I attended Theatre Aquarius tonight.  Really didn't know what to expect.  The title was "The Hours That Remain" and the brief description in the program didn't give too many clues.

It started slowly and seemed a bit disjointed, about a husband and wife and her sister.  It wasn't until mid show that we began to realize what was going on.  A gut-wrenching experience!  I won't go into details because some of you may be intending to see it, but murdered and missing Indigenous women are the focus.  A "red dress" performance.  Left us emotionally drained.
-------------------------------------------
Speaking of emotionally drained, we got home in time to see the last three innings as the Blue Jays lost 10 to 7 to the Houston Astros.  
Nuts!
-------------------------------------------
Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment