We'll pay special tribute to our friend Calvin Wong today as he observes the Chinese New Year.
Normally Calvin's family would get together in Montreal to celebrate the holiday and enjoy special food dishes which are prepared at New Year's only. This year it will just be a Zoom meeting.
The really unfortunate part is that Calvin has not been able to see his mother since January 2020. She has reached the age of 100 in the meantime. Thankfully, she has all her mental senses (wish I still had all of mine) and can Zoom with the family.
The year that just ended was the Year Of The Rat. Sounds appropriate for the coronavirus pandemic year we have gone through, doesn't it?
Matt and I met Calvin several years ago on one of our guys' golf trips to Florida. There were four guys in Calvin's house and four in ours. Eventually, both houses lost members and our house was able to entice Calvin to join us. And now he also golfs with us on Tuesdays at MontHill.
Happy New Year Calvin! I don't know when the Florida golf will resume, but the Tuesday guys can't wait to get back on the links with you.
It seems like forever since we last played golf.--------------------------------------------
Quite a difference in TV size - 32 inch versus 54 inch. But when I think about the early 12 inch black and white snowy models, I realize we have nothing to complain about.


No comments:
Post a Comment