Friday, February 26, 2021

Cowboy Bud

 The picture that Sven posted yesterday was taken in 2014, on the trip where Ewen and the old guy hiked 28 miles across the Grand Canyon.  It, and the full version that follows were taken  in the Sedona area on that same trip.


The following is my favourite picture of Ewen from that trip, taken after we had crossed the Colorado River, and got halfway back up to the top.  Our hike started way up that canyon which is under the word greater.


 And, I'd like to thank my Tromper buddies, Sven (Gary), Sparky (Mark Richardson), Doc (Dave Jewett), and Bag (Dave Bagshaw), for giving me the hiking bug, which led, besides this trip, to my 75 mile hike through the high Andes to Machu Picchu with Sean, and an exploration of the North Rim of the Grand Canyon with Malcolm.

Those were the days!  I hope that once this pandemic is behind us the Trompers can once again do some hiking together.

-----------------------------------------------------

Mardi took more cuttings from the Wandering Jew baskets today while I painted a couple more benches.

Then we came home and I finished painting the inside of the hutch.

Exciting times!

-----------------------------------------------------

Blue Jays have released their TV spring training game schedule.  First game will be Sunday at 1 p.m. on Sportsnet.  Can't wait!

-----------------------------------------------------

Congratulations to Monica on receiving her first vaccination for Covid because she's a primary care giver (not to Jim, although I think he gets pretty good care).

Stay well everybody.


No comments:

Post a Comment