Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Skate Canada

Gary and Sandro came over for a skate today.

David had sent a message this morning: "When you have company coming over and tell your wife you will clean up outside"


Gary was impressed!

You all saw Barry's picture of Sven and Sandro in their skating costumes.  Today was just a training skate, so they weren't dressed up, but still impressive.

What a performance!  Poetry in motion!

I'm sure if it wasn't for the coronavirus the stands would have been packed!

----------------------------------------------

I was jealous....I don't remember the last time I was on skates.  I think it was before I broke my back, which is almost forty years ago.

That experience had a similar impact on me then as the coronavirus is having on all of us now.  We realize how much we appreciate the things that we took for granted and can't do now.

Spending six weeks on your back (I was allowed to roll over on my side to eat or drink, but couldn't sit up) made me more appreciative of my family, friends and coworkers and I looked at those relationships in a different light.  In the end that caused me to think of my skiing accident as a positive experience (OK, so I'm a bit strange) as it made me realize how special my friends are.

It also makes you more humble - having to rely on nurses to take away your bed pan and wipe your butt can have that effect.

------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow's agenda depends on Shipton's Heating and Cooling.  The annual inspection of our HVAC system is scheduled for the afternoon.  The system is 50 years old so we try to look after it as well as we can.

Whether I have anything else to report tomorrow will partly depend on their punctuality.

------------------------------------------------

Stay well.


No comments:

Post a Comment