Tuesday, July 29, 2025

Dotty?

 I golfed yesterday.  But by the time that I hit the 7th hole, with the heat and my crappy eyesight, I was ready to call it a day.  The low point was on a par three - I landed my tee shot on the green, but took 4 putts to finish the job!

Glad that I didn't quit though.  A slight breeze came up and my back nine was better than the front by seven strokes.  So I've decided to try again on Thursday.

---------------------------------------------------

I love the little things that Mother Nature pulls on us.  Like this Sunflower growing beside the Pine trees.  The neighbour farm was planted with Sunflowers last year, so one lonely seed made it through the winter.

And the squirrels planted another Oak tree under the Pines this year.


As well, Kathryn discovered a baby Pine tree the other day.  So, today I potted up the Pine and the Oak (but don't tell David - he thinks I'm dotty when I do these things).

I'll leave the Sunflower where it is and send another picture after it blooms.

I put the newly potted plants beside the Smokebush that I previously planted.


-----------------------------------------
For the last few years, David has planted some corn and pumpkins in the Trillium garden (apparently, "dotty" may be a transmittable disease).  But the devil left for Scotland without planting it!  So, good old Dad did the job on Monday.  But the corn had been left so long that it was too tall to stand up on its own, so today I staked most of them.

I'll send more pictures in a couple of months.
----------------------------------------
In other news.......Brooke is not only a forklift driver, but she's taking instruction on the tractor as well.

She'll probably be winning a Tractor Pull contest by the time we get back from Scotland!  Go girl go!
---------------------------------------------
August 2 is Michelle's birthday, but we'll be in Scotland that day, so Mardi took Michelle, A.J., Reggie and me to dinner to celebrate.

All the best on the 2nd Michell!

Stay well folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment