Yesterday we played nine holes of golf at Crane's Bend in windy conditions (that's my excuse). Then we played cards while waiting for a thunderstorm that had been forecast, but didn't quite materialize.
But the conditions here didn't seem so bad when Maureen shared a picture of the nasty wave conditions and snow and ice at their place.
It looks like we picked a good winter to stay away from home, even though it means we're having to put up with Trump and his arrogant, lying, misled Republican friends.So far I've tried to straighten out two of them. I don't think that I changed their minds - both of them couldn't understand why we wouldn't leap at the chance to be a part of the U.S. They do tend to be smug don't they? Of course we're somewhat self righteous too.
In any event, I just have 77,303,566 Trump voters left to talk to.
------------------------------------
In an email conversation with John Buckley yesterday I suggested that we may have to consider stepping away from NATO and the Commonwealth when this is over, because I sincerely doubt that any of those countries would live up to their commitment to come to our aid when we are under threat. We've sent billions of dollars and sacrificed thousands of our troops for Europe's benefit. It's been a one way street for over a hundred years. It's time to protect ourselves!
And, if we are totally honest, that thought process is probably what is driving Trump currently regarding the Ukraine peace he is pursuing. How many of the U.S.'s trillions of dollars of debt has gone toward fighting Europe's and the Middle East's wars for them?
------------------------------------
Now for some more positive news.
Our walk today took us to the North Village. Along the way I was struck by the beauty of this place......
.............and the tree is pretty too!
It leads you to this conclusion.
Orange Lake has its big girls and boys slide. It also has a small girls and boys slide.
Mardi tried to talk me into going down the slide, but I wasn't wearing my bathing suit 😞. Maybe another time.






No comments:
Post a Comment